Treat yourself to a tender New York Strip Steak without having to go to a fancy restaurant. This easy and delicious recipe is perfect for any occasion that deserves something extra special on the table!
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating and standing • Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 4
- 4 boneless New York strip steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup drained and quartered kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cut slits in fat on sides of steaks; place steaks in a single layer in a glass dish. In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons garlic, wine, 2 tablespoons oil, 1½ teaspoons parsley, salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper; pour over steaks. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 or up to 4 hours, turning steaks once halfway through marinating.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In a large skillet, cook shallot and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic and ½ tablespoon oil over medium heat 2 minutes or until shallots begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, olives, and capers; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and remaining 1½ teaspoons parsley and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Fold in cheese; cover to keep warm.
- Place steaks on hot grill rack; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer steaks to cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing.) Serve steaks with Tomato, Olive & Feta Relish.
Cutting slits in the
fat sides of the steaks prevents them from curling during cooking.
To create crosshatch marks on steaks, turn the steaks a quarter turn halfway through the grilling time on each side.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 572 Calories, 38g Fat (12g Saturated), 127mg Cholesterol, 890mg Sodium, 9g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 41g Protein