We know you will find this recipe very ap”peel”ing! These Hasselback Apples are delicious and perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth.
You will need:
- 2 large firm apples, peeled, cored, and halved vertically
- Cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel, core, and cut apples in half. Cut most of the way through each apple at 1/8-inch intervals. Don’t cut all the way through! Coat a square glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray place apple halves cut side down. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; brush mixture evenly over apple.
- Cover pan with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes, removing foil after 20 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, oats, flour, and salt. Cover apples in oat mixture. Bake at 400° for 10 more minutes. Then turn broiler on for 2 minutes. Enjoy!