These steps can help limit the recurrence of yeast infections
You’re bustling through life and then BAM, you get hit with an annoying yeast infection. You’re not alone, 3 out of 4 women will deal with a yeast infection in their lifetime. Although yeast infections are common and usually not serious, they can cause great discomfort.
The likelihood of yeast infections reoccurring is high once you’ve had one. There are simple life changes you can make to prevent yeast infections from becoming a repeat offender.
- Avoid scented feminine products
- Avoid tight pants, tights and leggings
- Try to choose breathable fibers like cotton or silk
- Change out of wet clothes/swimsuits quickly
- Limit hot tub use
- Take probiotics by eating yogurt or taking supplements
Most women display at least one of the following symptoms:
- Vaginal itching
- Abnormal and unpleasant discharge and odor
- Pain when urinating
If you feel any of the symptoms above coming on, don’t suffer longer than you must. All our Macey’s, Lin’s, Fresh Market, Dan’s and Dick’s Centerville pharmacies offer single-dose prescriptive treatment for yeast infections.
What to expect during your visit
Our pharmacies accept walk-ins and have extended business hours to help you get in and out.
- There will be a short consultation where you will be asked to complete a questionnaire.
- The pharmacist will review medical history and discuss your symptoms
- You will be provided with a personal treatment plan and care instructions