A classic dessert with a touch of patriotic perfection.
What you’ll need:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Red food dye
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
For the frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Red & blue food dye
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix cake mix and cocoa powder into a small bowl. Set aside. Combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in cake mixture to liquid mixture. Add red food due to mixture until batter is desired red color. Mix in apple cider vinegar. Place cupcake liners in pans. Fill liners with batter 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let completely cool and remove cupcakes from pan.
To make cream cheese frosting, beat softened cream cheese and butter on low for 2-3 minutes. Add in vanilla and slowly add in powdered sugar. If frosting is too thick add a little milk. If frosting is too thin add some more powdered sugar. Separate frosting into three bowls. One for red, white and blue. Use the red and blue food dyes to color the frosting to desired colors. Place each of the frosting colors into small piping bags. Cut off a tip about 1 inch up from point. Place a 1M piping tip or large circle tip into a large piping bag. Put the three small red, white and blue filled piping bags into the large piping bag. Make sure the small piping bag tips are at the same level in the large bag so when piped you get an equal amount of each color. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes in circular motion. Top with patriotic sprinkles. Enjoy!
Makes 24 cupcakes.
A cool, delectable treat that the whole family will enjoy on a warm summer day.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 strawberries, sliced
Whisk together milk, yogurt and sugar in medium bowl.
Put 2-3 strawberry slices, 2-3 raspberries and a few blueberries in each popsicle mold. Pour milk mixture into molds over fruit. Gently shake and tap the molds to release air bubbles and ensure molds are completely full. Freeze for 6-8 hours. To release popsicles from molds run sides under warm water.
Yield: 10 popsicles
Did you know?
Starting only July 1st, 2018 your local Broulim’s Pharmacists in IDAHO can prescribe medications approved by the FDA for the following conditions:
- Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections
- Strep Throat (based on quick test results)
- Cold Sores
- Motion Sickness Prevention
- Flu (based on quick test results)
- Inhalation Spacers
- Statins (for patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes)
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Testing Supplies
- Pen Needles
- Syringes for patients with diabetes
No appointment necessary! Certain restrictions apply. Talk to a pharmacy staff member for the details.
Baked beans are the perfect side dish to any backyard BBQ.
- 3 (28 ounce) cans of your favorite baked beans
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup crispy cooked bacon
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients together. Place mixture in greased 9×13 pan and bake for 2 hours.
A tray full of red, white and blue and super sweet fruit too!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. strawberries, halved
- 1 container blueberries
- bag of mini marshmallows
- large marshmallows
Wash and slice strawberries in half. Wash blueberries. Form star with mini marshmallows in the middle of the platter. Surround marshmallows with blueberries to form circle. Line blueberry circle with strawberries. Cut large marshmallows in half and place around strawberries to form circle. Add another row of sliced strawberries. Enjoy!
A great activity for this patriotic week–everyone is sure to have a blast making these patriotic candy poppers.
What you’ll need:
- toilet paper tubes
- scrapbook or cardstock paper
- tissue paper
- candy and confetti
- adhesive-hot glue gun, glue sticks, double stick tap, glue dots or tape runner
1.Measure the length of your toilet paper tubes and cut a strip of scrapbook or cardstock paper to wrap around it. Use adhesive to secure.
2. Cut a piece of tissue paper that will fit inside the toilet paper tube–the circumference. Line the bottom inside edge of the tube with adhesive. Press the tissue paper on adhesive all around the inside circumference. This will the be the tail of your popper.
3. Gather the tissue paper together once adhered to tube and tie with ribbon or string. Cut off excess tissue paper. You only need a few inches of tissue paper below where the ribbon/string is tied.
4. Cut a large half circle out of scrapbook/cardstock paper and roll into a cone. Trim to desired length.
5. Fill tubes with candy and confetti. Line the top edge of toilet paper tube with adhesive and secure cone top onto the tube.
6. When you are ready to celebrate hold the toilet paper tube and pull the tied tissue paper section and POP to get your sweet surprise!
Show your Patriotism with this delicious Red, White and Bleu Burger!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbs olive oil
- t tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces bleu cheese
- 2 cups arugula or lettuce
- 4 toasted buns
- Dijon mustard
- Combine first six ingredients and separate into four equal sized patties approximately 3/4 inches thick.
- Grill the burgers on medium high heat until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 4-6 minutes (depending on how you like your meat.) Flip over the burgers and repeat.
- While burger is cooking, cook bacon on a skillet, drain excess grease.
- Add bleu cheese to burger 1 minute before finished cooking. Toast buns on grill.
- Toss arugula with 2 tsp. of olive oil. Top burger with arugula, bacon, Dijon mustard and any other toppings of choice (tomato, onion, etc.).
Our Red, White and Blue Sale is going on now! Save big on paint, grills, tools and accessories and much more through July 9. Save 30% on select gallons of Valspar, Clark and Kensington and Royal paint. Our Extra Mile promise means that we’ll help you get everything you need for your paint project the first time or delivery is FREE. Come see us in Draper, Murray, Olympus Hills and Sandy. For all of the great deals, visit our ads below.
Now’s your chance to score big and meet star midfielder Kyle Beckerman! Kyle will be at Macey’s on 5632 South 900 East in Salt Lake City on Tuesday, June 26th from 6:00-7:00pm. He’ll be signing provided autograph cards. No personal items to be signed. But that’s not all! The first 50 people to purchase $30 in participating P&G products at the event will get a $20 Fanatics.com gift card at checkout!
There’s still more to score! Right now, you can get a $15 Fanatics.com e-gift card to redeem for your favorite soccer fan gear when you buy $30 in participating P&G products.*
Offer valid 6/20/2018-7/3/2018.
*Must spend $30 or more on participating products in one transaction, before taxes and after discounts and coupons are applied. Must purchase products by 7/3/2018. Submit original cash receipt & submission form with item(s) and purchase price(s) circled. Must be postmarked or submitted online by 7/10/2018. Purchase must be made in a single transaction. Limit one redemption per household. Must be 18 years of age or older. US residents only. Redemption in form of Fanatics e-gift card. Terms and Conditions of the Fanatics e-gift card apply. While supplies last. Product exclusions apply. Available at participating retailers. Call 1-855-361-0638 or visit www.PGHomePride.com for full details. ©2018 Procter & Gamble.
Are you a culinary adventurer? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snacks, Culinary Tours has got you covered. Culinary Tours takes care to select flavors inspired from all over the globe and bring them straight to your table so that you can “Taste the World Without the Trip”. With each product being connected to culture, cuisine, recipe, or story, you are sure to discover a wide variety of new flavors and weekly must-haves.
Culinary Tours’ fine recipes are inspired by local and authentic flavors from 21 different countries. Within minutes, serve Spanakopita straight from blue and white cliff’s of Greece or top the fragrant jasmine rice with the classic Indian Tikka Masala for a flavorful dinner.
Come in to find and explore Culinary Tours.