Enjoy this delicious, light, and simple Strawberry Shortcake.
- Angel food cake
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 pt. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add whipping cream to a large bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to beat to stiff peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Using a serrated knife or cake leveler, slice the angel food cake in half as to end with 2 layers of cake.
- Core and half the strawberries.
- Spread 1/3 of the whipping cream onto the base layer of the angel food cake. Layer strawberries on top of the whipping cream and place the second layer of cake on top.
- Spread the remaining whipping cream on the top and side of the angel food cake. Add the rest of the strawberries to the top of the cake.