Beef, Shiitake & Sweet Potato Pot Pies
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef® leftover roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms (18-20), cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 sweet potato, small dice
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 6 (8-ounce) ramekins
- Bring beef broth and shiitake mushrooms to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off heat, cover and set aside to steep.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unfold puff pastry and roll out to about 10×15-inches. Cut six 5-inch circles, lay on a cookie sheet and refrigerate
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan and simmer onions and sweet potato for 3-4 minutes. Stir in beef and peas. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place saucepan back on stove over medium heat. Melt remaining butter, add flour and whisk for 2 minutes. In half cup increments, whisk in stock with mushrooms. Simmer for two minutes while continually whisking. Stir in sour cream, 1/4 cup parmesan, pepper, sage and rosemary.
- Combine reserved beef mixture with sauce and divide among ramekins. Top with pastry circles, pressing firmly on sides. Cut five vent slits on each and top with remaining parmesan. Place pot pies on cookie sheet and bake until golden, 20-25 minutes.