The last thing you need this time of year is a complicated recipe 🙂 Try out this tasty and simple caramel apple recipe to take to any of your holiday gatherings.
- Kraft Caramels or Caramel Bits
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 apples (we suggest granny smith)
- wood sticks
- Rinse off your apples and pat them dry.
- Insert wood sticks into apples.
- Put wax paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix caramels, vanilla and water in a medium saucepan over low heat until combined. Stir constantly.
- Dip apples into caramel mixture.
- Place apples on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until caramel is set.
You can also try a spin on the traditional caramel apples and do a caramel apple bar. It is great for parties. Follow caramel recipe above but instead cut apples into slices right before party. Have sticks available for guests to spear the apples and dip into caramel sauce. Place an array of dipping toppings in small bowls. Some great topping ideas are sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.