Our case lot sale is a great opportunity to stockpile canned goods for emergencies and food storage. But don’t get stuck thinking canned goods can’t be used to create fresh, delicious and healthy meals. Canned goods mixed with other fresh ingredients are perfect for quick and easy meals your family will love. Here are five ways to use canned case lot items in your everyday cooking.
- Top your pizza with canned fruits or vegetables. Canned pineapple and olives are the perfect pizza toppings. Don’t forget to keep canned tomato sauce on hand for your pizza sauce. Click here for a delicious pineapple and prosciutto pizza recipe!
- Canned tomatoes are a must have on your pantry shelves. Canned tomatoes are delicious in salsa, soups, pastas and sauces. Try adding diced tomatoes to plain tomato sauce for a tasty pasta sauce.
- Canned peaches and other fruits are perfect for fruit salad, and even tastier mixed into yogurt or muffins. Try making a fruit syrup and serving over waffles or pancakes.
- Keep canned beans and corn on hand to throw in soups, and salads. Beans are a great source of protein and fiber and are delicious in black bean and brown rice soup. Corn adds instant flavor and crunch to any dish.
- Soups and broths are the perfect pantry partner because they are always ready to go. Chicken and beef broth are a staple in many soups and sauces. Canned soups are used in many recipes to add flavor and save time.
Look for all these case lot items and more in our weekly ad starting October 4!