As we all know, exercise is the best way to keep your heart healthy, but we are always looking to help our bodies out even more. Below are 5 foods that will help you keep a healthy heart while still enjoying what you eat.
- Avocados-Avocados get a bad rap for being “fatty” but in fact, their fat is good! It assists in lowering your bad cholesterol. Avocados can be used to put on crackers, toast, and many other foods in place of butter, or other fatty spreads. Click here for deals on this item!
- Salmon-Salmon is rich in omega-3’s which helps your blood flow. Blood flow is extremely important when it comes to heart health for obvious reasons. Keep your heart pumping while eating a delicious entree.
- Berries-Berries aren’t just delicious, they also help widen your arteries because of their high level of compounds. Whether you are adding them on top of oatmeal, mixing them in a smoothie, or just eating them plain, they will keep you feeling great! Click here to read about our local produce farmers.
- Whole Grains-Whole grains are a great source of dietary fiber. Including dietary fiber in your diet can help lower the risk of heart disease and lower blood cholesterol levels so next time you are picking up some bread, make sure to grab the whole grain bread to keep that heart healthy.
- Asparagus-Asparagus has about 5 calories per spear and is packed with benefits. It has fiber, vitamins, and so much more! Whether you are eating asparagus as the side to a fancy meal or as a snack during the day, your heart will thank you! Click here for deals on this item!