This recipe is not only delicious, it’s a meal you can make ahead of time. Store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for a couple of months. Just pull it out and bake until it’s heated all the way through. It’s a life saver on a crazy day!
What You Will Need:
- 1 cube butter or margarine
- 1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed to about 1 ½ cups
- 1 ½ cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken (approx. 3-4 breasts)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 pkg. (8-12 oz.) egg noodles, cooked
What You Do:
- Place 1 cup of crushed Ritz crackers in a 9×13” pan.
- Melt butter and stir into crumbs
- Press butter and cracker mixture to the bottom of the pan to create a crust.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl until and mix well
- Spread mixture on top of the prepared Ritz crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup crushed Ritz crackers on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the top starts to brown slightly.
If you decide to make this meal ahead of time, make sure you cover the top before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer. When refrigerated add 10 minutes to the baking time. When frozen add 20 minutes to the baking time. You’ll know it’s done when the top starts to brown slightly.