Today is Cheese Pizza Day! We recently talked about celiac disease and wanted to offer a gluten-free recipe for our guests that suffer from celiac or gluten sensitivity. Here is a delicious recipe for a gluten-free cheese pizza.
What You Will Need:
- 2 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup melted Western Family unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Western Family baking powder
- 1 tsp Western Family salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup of Western Family shredded mozzarella cheese (use cup from 8 oz bag)
- 1 8 oz bag of Western Family shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 oz bag of Western Family shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz can of Western Family No Salt Added tomato sauce
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients for crust together, including cheese in a mixer.
- Knead dough, use flour to manage the dough’s stickiness sparingly
- Place on round pan and roll out.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Take out, add toppings
- Spread tomato sauce over crust
- Layer cheese: cheddar, mozzarella then cheddar again
- Bake another 7-12 minutes.
Tip: Use any additional flour as sparingly as possible to avoid the crust becoming hard
Thanks for stopping by to see what is “fresh” on the block! We hope you enjoy this recipe. Great food changes everything!