This delicious peach cobbler will bring a summer smile to anyone’s face. Spread smiles with this perfect peach cobbler recipe.
What You Will Need:
- 4 cups of peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups of granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup of water
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- Ground cinnamon
Tip: We recommend using fresh peaches, but canned peaches work and can help you save time!
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup of sugar and the water in a saucepan and mix them well
- Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove saucepan from heat
- Place stick of butter in a 3 quart baking dish
- Place baking dish in the oven
- Mix the remaining cup of sugar, the flour, and the milk together slowly
- Mix well to ensure there are no clumps
- Once the butter has melted in the baking pan pour the sugar, flour and milk mixture into the baking pan.
- DO NOT STIR THEM TOGETHER
- Spoon the fruit from the saucepan into the baking pan then gently pour the syrup in
- Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes
Tip: For a more gooey cobbler use an additional half stick of butter
Thanks for stopping by to see what is “fresh” on the block! We hope you enjoy this summer dessert as much as we have sharing it with you! Great food changes everything!