Creamsicles are a summer staple. Enjoy that same creamsicle taste without the creamsicle mess with this recipe for creamsicle cookies.
makes 24 large cookies (approx.)
What You Will Need
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp Orange zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange juice
- 6 oz white chocolate chips (half bag)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine butter and both sugars. Mix together about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in egg and orange juice and mix 30 seconds more.
- Sift Flour, baking soda and salt together as you add to mixer.
- Turn mixer to low and add orange zest.
- Continue mixing on medium-low until dough comes together.
- Turn speed to low and add in your white chocolate chips until incorporated evenly.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
10. Let cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet.
Gluten Free conversion: Substitute gluten free flour (same 2¼ cups). Add 1 Tbsp Sour Cream at the same time that you add the egg. It’s better to use an extra-large egg with the gluten free flour, but a large egg will still turn out fine. Grease cookie sheet.
Thanks for spending time with us on the Macey’s blog. We hope you enjoy this summer treat as much as we have enjoyed sharing it with you. Happy Shopping!