Happy National Toasted Marshmallow Day! If you can’t get out on a camping trip and you don’t have your very own roasting pit we have the perfect way to enjoy a toasted marshmallow without the fire!
Increasing the amount of fruit you eat can improve your diet, and peaches can be a great choice. Right now you can get fresh peaches or you can enjoy frozen peaches year round as a snack, in smoothies or a top your favorite breakfast cereal. Not only are peaches delicious, but they have some amazing health benefits.
This delicious peach cobbler will bring a summer smile to anyone’s face. Spread smiles with this perfect peach cobbler recipe.
Creamsicles are a summer staple. Enjoy that same creamsicle taste without the creamsicle mess with this recipe for creamsicle cookies.
makes 24 large cookies (approx.)
What You Will Need
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp Orange zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange juice
- 6 oz white chocolate chips (half bag)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine butter and both sugars. Mix together about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in egg and orange juice and mix 30 seconds more.
- Sift Flour, baking soda and salt together as you add to mixer.
- Turn mixer to low and add orange zest.
- Continue mixing on medium-low until dough comes together.
- Turn speed to low and add in your white chocolate chips until incorporated evenly.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
10. Let cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet.
Gluten Free conversion: Substitute gluten free flour (same 2¼ cups). Add 1 Tbsp Sour Cream at the same time that you add the egg. It’s better to use an extra-large egg with the gluten free flour, but a large egg will still turn out fine. Grease cookie sheet.
Thanks for spending time with us on the Macey’s blog. We hope you enjoy this summer treat as much as we have enjoyed sharing it with you. Happy Shopping!
July 23rd is National Hot Dog Day! Even though it has come and gone you can still celebrate this food-tastic holiday with a creative spin on your typical hot dog, make Hot Dog Man!