‘Tis the season for holiday feasts, homemade treats…and sweat pants. The holidays can be a tricky time to stay on track for your health and diet, especially when culinary temptations are lurking in every direction. The caramels, fudge and pies are enough to send anyone into a downward fitness spiral. With our healthy tips you can stay on track, enjoy the holidays and get a head start on your New Year’s resolution.
Tips for staying on track:
- Eat four to six small meals a day. This will increase metabolism and help fight to urge to binge at your family’s dinner party.
- Plan a workout before a big meal or party.
- SLOW DOWN! It takes 20 minutes for our brains to receive a signal that we’re full. Those who slow down and enjoy their meal consume fewer calories than those who hurry through it.
- Bring a healthy dish to holiday parties.
- Don’t linger by the appetizer table. Snacks pack big calories when added up!
We’d love to hear your ideas of staying healthy during the holiday season on the Macey’s Blog. Happy Holidays!